Adventure Log 3

GM: The party survived the treacherous ravine and also the skeletons that attacked right in this very room. Bones and corpses little the floor here.
Bors: Well, I wonder what else has been left here.
GM: Every so often a whailing sound can be heard from the South East.

Tosoma Thanatous: Not sure but we probably should keep moving that wailing sounds eary
Jory backs away from the door.
Bouger holds up the arrow which he had cast Light on, “Does anyone need a torch?”
Tosoma Thanatous: I need both hands, otherwise I would
Gwydiss Barknuckle: But that is the thing that makes tales.
Heron: The light is sufficient.
Campaign saved.
Gwydiss Barknuckle: If we need more you just have to ask.
GM: The door here is closed
Tosoma Thanatous: Lets open the door shall we?
Bouger readies up his shield and hammer, keeping a grip on the lighted arrow with his shield hand (as best he can).
Bors tries the door
‘tim’ connected
GM: The door opens
Heron: I will follow as you move in, keeping watch on our backside.
GM: This large chamber contains a maze of pillars that obscure the far side of the room. Next to the door is a pile of empty saddlebags and three brooms.
Tosoma Thanatous: Should we check the saddle bags?
Jory moves up behind Tosoma.
Heron stands stock still as the others move through door.
Campaign saved.
[w] Heron: I have low-light vision
Tosoma Thanatous: I need someone with light go ahead of me
Tosoma Thanatous: It’s too dark
Bouger holds up the arrow, “I don’t even need this thing.” But he steps forward nonetheless.
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Do we need more light?
Tosoma Thanatous: can you cast it on me?
Tosoma Thanatous: my clothing
Tosoma Thanatous: ?
[w] Jory: I look up to inspect the ceiling for unusual things such as hanging objects or obvious traps.
Bouger: Sure…if you don’t mind being a well lit target.
Tosoma Thanatous: don’t care
Tosoma Thanatous: It’s my job to be in combat
[w] → Jory: you do not appear to see anything unusual about the ceiling
Bouger takes a moment to pray, then gives Tosoma a glowing personality.
[w] Heron: I will cast light on a copper piece (lasts ten mins), then put away until needed.
Tosoma (Tosoma Thanatous): lol
[w] → Heron: ok
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Hey Heron, You staying back here?
Campaign saved.
Bors: Interesting room.
Heron: I will follow in a few minutes
Heron: I want to be sure we are not being followed.
Tosoma Thanatous: k
Bors: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 6]
Bors: [1d6 = 6]
Tosoma (Tosoma Thanatous): ouch
Bors: Ouch, er. Um. What
Bouger steps forward and looks down where Bors disappeared to, “Bors?!”
Bors sits up and looks around the pit he fell into.
GM: it appears to be a simple floor pit trap
Jory moves up to the pit an examines the floor so that he can better recognize other traps of this nature.
Tosoma Thanatous: I don’t want to get too far away from you guys
Campaign saved.
Bors calls up to Bouger, “This is an interesting pit”
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Need help up?
Tosoma Thanatous: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 13]
Tosoma Thanatous: [1d6 = 5]
Bors: I think so, yes. Let me see if anything is below these pillows.
Bors searches around the pillow things.
Tosoma Thanatous: Well, this is embarressing…
GM: Jory make a perception check
[w] Jory: Is it trapfinding?
[w] → Jory: yes
Jory: [SKILL] Perception (Trapfinding) [1d20+7 = 11]
[w] → Jory: ok make a reflex save
Jory: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+8 = 9]
[w] → Jory: roll 1d6
Jory: [1d6 = 6]
[w] → Jory: non lethal
Bouger stands still as two more enter pits, “No one move…we appear to have walked into a trap…”
Bors: Some of us more literally than others…
[w] Jory: I will climb out when I am able.
Tosoma Thanatous: [SKILL] Acrobatics [MOD:DEX] [1d20+7 = 21]
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Don’t forget the pillows
Bors: Ok, lower me some rope? Nothing to see here.
Bouger rumages around in his pack, “I got a rope here, hang on.”
Campaign saved.
Bors sheathes his sword and gets ready to climb.
Gwydiss Barknuckle: If not I can help
[w] Jory: I mean I will use the skill and not wait for a rope.
Bouger unfurls the rope and lowers some down to Bors. He plants himself to act as a counter weight. “C’mon up, then we’ll get the others.”
[w] → Jory: ok make an acrobatics roll
Jory: [SKILL] Acrobatics [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 14]
Bors grabs onto the rope, and starts to climb up.
[w] → Jory: you almost made it
[w] Jory: I will try again.
[w] → Jory: ok
Jory: [SKILL] Acrobatics [MOD:DEX] [1d20+11 = 27]
[w] → Jory: you hop out easily
Jory emerges from the pit and brushes the dust off his pants.
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Those pillows are better then some of the beds I have slept on.
[w] → Jory: when you exit you need to move north 1 square
[w] Heron: or holding back because I have only one more spell to cast other than cantrips and no sense in me being a nuisance while they figure out pit traps
Bouger: pulls up Bors, “Now don’t go falling in any more pits…they won’t all have pillows.”
Gwydiss Barknuckle takes notes for the chronicles he is writing of the party
Campaign saved.
Bors: That’s a good point. We’re gonna have to be more careful.
[w] → Bors: give me a perception check
tim (Simon Jericho): longspear
Bors: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+3 = 14]
[w] → Bors: you see a metal apparatus upon teh wall directly south of you
Bouger: Anyone else need a lift?
[w] → Bors: a switch in other words
Tosoma Thanatous: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20+4 = 15]
Bors: Hm.
Bors pulls on something on the wall.
Tosoma Thanatous: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+3 = 15]
Tosoma Thanatous: [1d6 = 1]
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Mark the floors where the pits are
GM: Everyone in teh room hears a metallic “CLick”
Jory takes out a piece of chalk and marks the pit he fell into.
Bouger stops moving and cringes.
Heron moves to talk to Simon.
Campaign saved.
GM: After a moment, the switch resets in its up position and a Metallic “Clock” is heard agasin
GM: *Click
Bors: Huh.
Bors looks to see if the pit he just fell into is still there.
GM: It is
Bouger: Soo…….someone want to find a path, or should we just take turns falling?
Jory: I will search. Tie the rope to me an fall in behind.
GM: You all hear the wailing again clearing coming from the south
Bouger throws Jory one end of the rope and clutches onto the other, "Hopefully I can hold you if you fall.
Tosoma Thanatous yells from the bottom of his pit " I’m almost afriad to leave my pit".
Jory ties the rope around his waist and waits for Bouger to get behind him before advancing.
Heron: Steps in and grabs a broom stick.
Tosoma Thanatous: I can get out on my own, but I need someon to check an adhacent floor for me
Campaign saved.
Jory: Everyone stand still. We shall figure this out.
[w] Heron: I am going to tap the floor before I step on a new space to see if it sounds different. Using butt end of broom stick.
Jory moves forward, inspecting the floor for a trap.
[w] → Heron: ok just let me know where
Tosoma Thanatous: Do we have any rocks or mayeb those sadlle bags to test th efloors
Heron: Jory
Heron: Take this broom stick and tap floor with it, maybe the pits sound hollow?
User ‘tim’ has gone AFK.
Tosoma Thanatous: That may work
Jory takes the broomstick and advances, tapping the floor.
Bouger carefully follows Jory, “Maybe we should work over to Tosoma so we can get him out of there.”
Tosoma Thanatous: That would be cool
Tosoma Thanatous: we can have a reuinon
[w] → Jory: make a perception check 4
User ‘tim’ is back.
Jory: [SKILL] Perception (Trapfinding) (
4) [1d20+11 = 27]
Gwydiss Barknuckle: We need to find the exit
[w] → Jory: move south 1 space
[w] → Jory: you hear a definate hollow sound to square to north
Jory: Pit just to my north.
Tosoma Thanatous: gotcha, I wish I could see where your north is
Jory moves back the other way.
Bors: This is rather interesting.
[w] → Jory: perception check
Jory: [SKILL] Perception (Trapfinding) [1d20+7 = 10]
[w] → Jory: you can see a switch on wall to east
Campaign saved.
Jory: There is a switch on the wall here.
Jory marks the spot with his chalk.
Tosoma Thanatous: Hey, whats the worsyt that could happen
Tosoma Thanatous: ignore my typos plz
Bouger: There could be a pit in the pit?
Tosoma (Tosoma Thanatous): ignore my typos plz
Bors: Now that’s just crazy.
Jory: Come on Bouger.
[w] Tosoma Thanatous: did I see Jory head over me, and can I try to get out that way?
[w] Tosoma Thanatous: with that wall walk jump again
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Tosoma Thanatous: yes
Tosoma Thanatous: [SKILL] Acrobatics [MOD:DEX] [1d20+7 = 24]
[w] → Jory: make perception
tim (Simon Jericho): so i learned a funny thing today. super glue and blood react really neat with each other.
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Shouldn’t we go to the southeast?
Jory: [SKILL] Perception (Trapfinding) [1d20+7 = 13]
[w] → Jory: roll
Tosoma Thanatous jumps onto one side of the wall with one leg and hops back where he came from gaining feet on his leap
[w] → Jory: reflex
Jory: [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+8 = 12]
[w] → Jory: im sorry you did make it with 4
[w] → Jory: step east
[w] Jory: I did not use a +4.
[w] Tosoma Thanatous: did Jory leave any indication of which way he took?
[w] → Jory: your not tapping?
Campaign saved.
[w] Jory: I am, but I did not add the bonus excerpt when you told me too.
[w] → Jory: yes, i forgot to tell you to add
[w] → Jory: so step east and mark spot your on now
Simon Jericho: i would proceed but 1, this is not my strength. and 2, i like my ankles and they like me. I would like to keep it that way.
[w] → Jory: you also see another switch to north
Jory: Another switch to my north.
Bors keeps up, a few paces behind the others, only walking where he knows it has been proven safe.
Tosoma Thanatous: Well my ankles are now sore, so It was a good idea to stay back
Jory marks this switch with chalk.
Gwydiss Barknuckle: I’m not the expert but that is where the wailing is coming from
[w] → Jory: make perception
Jory: [SKILL] Perception (Trapfinding) (
4) [1d20+11 = 31]
[w] → Jory: spot to north is pit
Tosoma Thanatous: Find anything yet Jory?
Jory: I suspect there may be a secret door, or these switches activate a door. Perhaps if we pull them all at the same time.
Jory: No doors that are obvious.
[w] → Jory: door to south
Bouger: Do you think you found all the traps?
Tosoma Thanatous: Well we aren’t getting anywhere atm
Jory: Wait. I found a door. I got most or all of the traps.
Bouger: points south, "Well, there is ‘A’ door. But what about these switches?
Campaign saved.
Simon Jericho: excellent work Jory.
Heron: There is another option over this way. No wailing involved.
Heron points west.
Jory moves north to see if there is one more switch.
[w] → Jory: perception
Jory: [SKILL] Perception (Trapfinding) (4) [1d2011 = 19]
Tosoma Thanatous: Ah, Jory did you mark any of the traps
[w] → Jory: to south is pit
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Is the door locked?
Tosoma Thanatous: I don’t want to move until I know where to go
[w] → Jory: perception
Heron walks over and checks the west door to see if it would open.
Jory: I think I found all the traps.
[w] → Jory: 2 squares east and 1 north is pit
Tosoma Thanatous: The wailing could be someone hurt
Bors: It’s a trap!
Gwydiss Barknuckle: So What do you think is there?
Jory goes to the door and checks for traps.
Tosoma Thanatous: or a weird musical group
Heron: Yah, seems locked.
Bouger notices the party splitting, "Say….which way are we heading? Cause splitting the party just screams ‘Bad Idea’ to me.
Heron: I am reporting that the West door, off the entrance chamber is locked. I did not hear any “Wailing.”
Campaign saved.
Bouger listens to the door he’s by, for wailing.
[w] Jory: Is the door south of me or Bouger?
[w] → Bouger: definately to south, it sounds like a distraught man
[w] → Jory: bouger
[w] → Jory: it is locked
Bouger: Hey fellows, that sound is coming from beyond this door. I’m sure of it.
Bors: Sounds like the fun way to go!
Jory inspects the door for traps. If he finds none, he tests to see if it is locked.
Tosoma Thanatous: Well either way we need to go inspect
[w] → Jory: you do not see any traps
Jory: Bouger, there are no traps. Your turn.
tim (Simon Jericho): SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
GM: Tocoma you found a Sack at rthe bottom of the pit you fell in in center
Tosoma Thanatous: oh
Tosoma Thanatous takes the sac and look sinto it
Whisper recipient not found
Usage: /w GM [message]
Usage: /w [recipient] [message]
[w] → Tosoma Thanatous: 7 platonum pieces
Tosoma Thanatous gm holy S___
Tosoma Thanatous: lol
Campaign saved.
[w] Tosoma Thanatous: is that platnum or platonium? I don’t want radiation sicness
[w] → Tosoma Thanatous: platinum
Tosoma Thanatous thinks to himself, this will make a fine donation.
[w] → Jory: the door is definately locked
[w] → Jory: the lock looks difficult
[w] Jory: does disable device allow me to try opening locks?
[w] Jory: I checked it does.
Tosoma Thanatous: Have we tried kicking the door down?
Bouger pushes the door lightly to see if it’s unlocked.
Jory moves up to the door and pulls out some tools. He works on the lock.
[w] → Jory: make a roll
Jory: [SKILL] Disable Device [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 19]
Bouger holds off to let Jory do his thing.
[w] → Jory: you know you did not succeed
Jory swears and tries again.
Campaign saved.
[w] → Jory: you may not try again this day
Simon Jericho: Tosoma you may not want to stand there.
Tosoma Thanatous: SHould I go back in the hole?
[w] Jory: Is that a house rule?
Heron: If we are unwell, I may as well state that I am tapped as to my casting ability too.
[w] → Jory: i do not believe so
Simon Jericho: it would be safe from explosions i would assume.
[w] → Jory: let me check that
Gwydiss Barknuckle: You are
Bouger: I don’t think we’ll get any rest with that constant wailing. IT may be best to find that, then setup camp.
Tosoma Thanatous is tempted to shin kick thiese pillars to scare his opponents.
[w] → Jory: you can retry
Jory works at the lock again.
Jory: [SKILL] Disable Device [MOD:DEX] [1d20+10 = 24]
[w] → Jory: negative
[w] Jory: Do you want a limit in the number of tries? If not, I will continue.
[w] → Jory: you feel that this lock may be out of your league
Gwydiss Barknuckle: This test is meant for us all to get through. Flipping the switches will probably open the door.
Tosoma Thanatous: Maybe is we wail in harmony, it will sound good enough for the rest of us to sleep
Jory: This is one heck of a lock.
Jory: I don’t think I can do it.
Bouger: The gnome may be right…..
Tosoma Thanatous: Well, lets flip switches
Heron: If you point me to a wall lever…I can pull in unison with others.
Tosoma Thanatous: whats the worst that could happen
Gwydiss Barknuckle: He usually is
Jory goes to the south lever.
Simon Jericho: I will stand in front of the door in case something opens.
Jory: Another switch in the northwest corner, annd one in middle of the west wall.
Campaign saved.
Jory: Pull on 3. One…two…three!
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Call when ready
Heron: On Three.
Heron: One, two, three.
Heron: pull switch
Bouger holds up his hammer to the door, to shove it in just in case the door slams shut.
Jory pulls his switch on 3.
Simon Jericho guards Bouger with his longspear.
Gwydiss Barknuckle flips switch on three
GM: A loud metallic “Click” is heard and the door slides open.
Tosoma Thanatous closes his eyes and prays
Bouger steps forward and holds up his hammer and shield to keep the door from shutting.
Bouger: That worked…..
Simon Jericho: Proceed
[w] → Bouger: make a strength check
Bouger: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+3 = 13]
Bouger: OOooof! It’s on a timer, or something
Tosoma Thanatous: Lets run our buttocks into the room
Bors: I’ll head into the next room when the door opens again.
Tosoma Thanatous: We need to run through
Simon Jericho: as will i
Tosoma Thanatous: If no one else goes I will
Jory: How long was it open?
Heron: Pulls switch on 3.
GM: 1 turn
GM: 6 seconds
Campaign saved.
Tosoma Thanatous: Are you guys gonna pull em
Jory: We did.
Bouger dashes through as soon as the switch is pulled.
Gwydiss Barknuckle mumbels, well this is exciting
Simon Jericho: come on Bouger and Bors.
Jory: Can you run fast enough Heron?
Bouger: Let’s all start screaming and pounding on the door.
Tosoma Thanatous: haha
Tosoma Thanatous: no
Heron: I am not running in there without knowing the door may be reopened.
Tosoma Thanatous: agred
Bors looks around.
Simon Jericho taps the stone in front of him with his longspear
Heron: There is a design here. We must over come the intentions.
Heron: Or see a way around or through the original intent.
Simon Jericho: careful of traps
Tosoma Thanatous: Im going ot help cover ground
Tosoma Thanatous: I heaar the wailing loouder
Bouger: Shouldn’t we wait for the others before pressing on?
Gwydiss Barknuckle: I do not think they would have intended us to be trapped here. There must be a way to open the door from the other end.
Tosoma Thanatous: Bheind us
Tosoma Thanatous: we need them in case we cant get out
Tosoma Thanatous: plus lets shut this wailin gup
Heron: Well, I did suggest a way to keep the levers down.
Heron: We can test my idea.
Heron: Lets all hold the lever down.
Campaign saved.
Heron: And not let up.
Jory: On three.
Heron: Agreed.
GM: The mournful wailing grows louder with each step toward the door at the end of this musty hallway. There are a host of bones strewn on the floor here, many of which are cracked and broken.
Heron: Pulls lever down on three and holds it there.
Gwydiss Barknuckle hangs from his lever on three
Jory does same.
Tosoma Thanatous trys the door gently
Heron: Well then.
tim (Simon Jericho): hydraulics. 10000psi in a 3 inch diameter cylinder. do the math man do the math!
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Not a lot of choice then
GM: the door south appears to be locked
Heron: Maybe they should just run back should the need arise?
Heron: We can keep the door opening.
Tosoma Thanatous: hmmn
Tosoma Thanatous: it seems locked
Bors kicks the door.
Tosoma Thanatous: whomever thinks theyre strongest
Tosoma Thanatous: by all means
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Should we join them?
Bors: That would likely be me.
Heron: I am not inclined to lock myself in.
Bors: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+5 = 6]
Bors: [1d6 = 2]
Tosoma Thanatous: ohhh
Bors: Fother mucker!
Tosoma Thanatous: You didn’t tell me you had paulsy
Bouger: I am not wasting a prayer on healing your toe.
Tosoma Thanatous: Try again if you think you wont break something of yours
Bors: That hurt. I’ll go try the other door.
Tosoma Thanatous: wow
Gwydiss Barknuckle: I have not heard of any other youth telling the great story of “I flipped a switch the entire time.”
Campaign saved.
Simon Jericho inspects this door.
Gwydiss Barknuckle: I am now a man
Tosoma Thanatous trys to kung fu the door
Bors: Bouger, can you come supply me some light?
Heron: I have no pithy reply for you Gwydiss. Though I do wonder how many must die in order to create one hero…
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Head Kick [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 9]
GM: SImon’s door opens
Simon Jericho: This way guys!
Simon Jericho: Bors come here.
Bors: What’s up?
Gwydiss Barknuckle: You do know this is staged?
Simon Jericho: This door is open,
Simon Jericho: Lets go in.
Simon Jericho: Guard left, I will guard right.
Bors: Go ahead. Ill be right behind you.
GM: This small chamber is mostly empty, save for the body of a villager sprawled in the center.
Bouger brings up the rear, muttering about how he is stuck looking at peoples arses.
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 13]
Bouger: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 12]
Bors: [INIT] [1d20+5 = 18]
Simon Jericho: [INIT] [1d20+5 = 19]
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Bouger
[TURN] Simon Jericho
Simon Jericho: [SKILL] Knowledge dungeoneering [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 24]
[w] → Simon Jericho: you believe this creature to be typical in a dungeon environment it isi a Bomardier beetle
[w] → Simon Jericho: is is sitting ina protective posture atop a dead body
Simon Jericho enchants his longspear with the power of his arcane pool adding 1 to attack and damage as a free action
Tosoma Thanatous adjusts his pants so they don’t fall off
[w] Simon Jericho: does it look menacing or will i know it to attack me?
[w] → Simon Jericho: is twitters angruil and takes on an offsensive posture
Campaign saved.
[w] → Simon Jericho: you also see another door to the south in this room
Simon Jericho: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear (
1) [1d20+4 = 8]
[TURN] Bors
Gwydiss Barknuckle sits down, reaching above his head to flip the switch
Bors moves up and into the room, taking 1 swing at the creature.
Bors: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (MW, Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 20]
Bors: [DAMAGE (M)] Shortsword (MW, Single) [1d6+5 = 8]
[TURN] Tosoma Thanatous
Bors feels his sword bite into the creature, wounding it.
Tosoma Thanatous usus his flurry techinique
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Left Hook [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 16]
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Right Cross [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 6]
Tosoma Thanatous: [1d6 = 4]
[GM] [TURN] Giant Bombardier Beetle
GM: [GM] [1d6 = 6]
Tosoma (Tosoma Thanatous): 1
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20
4 = 17]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Bouger
Bouger runs up to the door and holds up the arrow with the light, “Hey now, don’t you all have too much fun without me.”
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Simon Jericho
Jon (Bouger): Done
Simon Jericho attacks again
Simon Jericho: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear (1) [1d204 = 18]
Simon Jericho: [DAMAGE (M)] Longspear [MULT:1.5] (1) [TYPE: piercing(x3)] [1d85 = 9]
Simon Jericho nods in approval.
Bors: That was fun.
Simon Jericho shakes the gore off his spear.
Tosoma Thanatous checks to see if they are still alive
GM: Definately Deceased
Simon Jericho kneels down and wipes his spear on the body’s clothing.
Bors looks around the room for plunder.
Bouger walks over and kicks the corpse for good measure.
Simon Jericho: Ugh I got some on me.
GM: There does not appear to be any loot in this room
Simon Jericho anyone know him?
Bors tentatively walks up to the next door, and tests the handle.
Tosoma Thanatous: Lets continue before the others get bored
GM: The dead woman is not recognizable..apparently the beetle had laid its eggs…already
Tosoma (Tosoma Thanatous): :/
tim (Simon Jericho): f’ing ew.
GM: Describe “tests the handle”
Tosoma Thanatous: Simon try the door
User ‘Jon’ has gone AFK.
tim (Simon Jericho): quick handle! what’s 2+2?
Bill (Bors): I try turning it to see if it opens
Campaign saved.
GM: It opens
Simon Jericho looks inside
GM: A hallway south, however also your throat is stung by the release of smoke
Simon Jericho: Smoke
Tosoma Thanatous: Who’s smoking in here?!
GM: As you move further in, the more smoke you smell
Simon Jericho: wood smoke or tobacco?
GM: Wailing continues East
Tosoma Thanatous: Come on Simon maybe someone on fire
GM: It sounds like a man moaning
Bors: I can’t help but feel we shouldn’t go this way while leaving the others behind.
Tosoma Thanatous: ]
Tosoma Thanatous: If you want them to follow then go back and tell them
Gwydiss Barknuckle: What if we put constant pressure on the levers. It would still close but might reopen after a couple of seconds
Tosoma Thanatous: we should move on
GM: Your eyes begin to burn a little, the smoke is very thick in here
Tosoma Thanatous: If someones in trouble we need ot get to them fast
GM: You also see the flicker of a fire off of the walls
[w] Tosoma Thanatous: doesn’t crouching lower help
User ‘Jon’ is back.
Simon Jericho: douses the front of his shirt with a waterskin and covers up his nose and mouth in his shirt.
[w] → Tosoma Thanatous: not really, the smoke has built up a long time
Tosoma Thanatous seeing Simon, follows his lead and also wets a shurt
Simon Jericho: lets go.
Tosoma (Tosoma Thanatous): and then realizes he is now water boarding himself
Campaign saved.
Simon Jericho peaks around
Tosoma Thanatous: this place needs ventilation
Simon Jericho: [INIT] [1d20+5 = 24]
Bouger: [INIT] [1d20+3 = 8]
Tosoma Thanatous: [INIT] [1d20+5 = 13]
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 2]
Bors: [INIT] [1d20+5 = 9]
[TURN] Bouger
[TURN] Simon Jericho
Simon Jericho enchants his longspear again
Simon Jericho: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear (1) [1d204 = 12]
Simon Jericho: Bloody crows!
tim (Simon Jericho): done
[TURN] Tosoma Thanatous
Campaign saved.
Tosoma Thanatous throws a double leg kick to chop the base of the creature
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Leg Kick [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 6]
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Leg Kick [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 9]
Simon Jericho: What the hell are you? (in abyssal)
[GM] [TURN] Shadow
GM: The creature hisses at you and attacks Tosoma
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Incorporeal Touch [TOUCH] [1d20 = 1]
[TURN] Bors
Campaign saved.
Tosoma Thanatous defly dodges the creatures pathetic attempts to touch him
Bors moves up behind Bouger, getting ready to run in when there is space.
Gwydiss Barknuckle starts flipping cards into the pit
[TURN] Bouger
Bouger moves forward and raises his holy symbol, shouting out a blessing.
Bouger: [CAST] Bless 0
Jon (Bouger): Done
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Simon Jericho
Simon Jericho: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear (2) [1d205 = 25]
Simon Jericho: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear (2) [CONFIRM] [1d205 = 22]
Simon Jericho: [1d4 = 3]
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Tosoma Thanatous
Tosoma Thanatous trying to double leg kick again.
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Leg Kick [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 21]
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Leg Kick [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 22]
Tosoma Thanatous: [1d4 = 2]
Tosoma Thanatous: [1d4 = 3]
Tosoma Thanatous: [DAMAGE (M)] Left Hook [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 2]
[GM] [TURN] Shadow
GM: The creature hisses angril
GM: *Angrily
Tosoma Thanatous hisses back
GM: It swings its shadowy claw at Tosoma
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Incorporeal Touch [TOUCH] [1d20+4 = 21]
GM: [GM] [DAMAGE (M)] Incorporeal Touch [1d6 = 1]
[TURN] Bors
Bors moves up again.
Bill (Bors): done
[TURN] Bouger
Campaign saved.
Bouger: [ATTACK®] Fire Bolt (sp) (1) [1d202 = 3]
Bouger: [1d20 = 10]
Bouger holds up a finger and chants something. A bolt of fire springs forth…from a curled finger and smacks into the wall. THe dwarf looks confused.
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Simon Jericho
Simon Jericho: [ATTACK (M)] Longspear (2) [1d205 = 8]
[TURN] Tosoma Thanatous
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Left Hook [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 19]
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Right Cross [MOD:DEX] [1d20+3 = 23]
Tosoma Thanatous: [ATTACK (M)] Right Cross [MOD:DEX] [CONFIRM] [1d20+3 = 18]
Tosoma Thanatous: [1d4 = 2]
Tosoma Thanatous: [1d4 = 4]
Tosoma Thanatous: [1d6 = 2]
Tosoma Thanatous: [1d6 = 6]
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Shadow
GM: [GM] [ATTACK (M)] Incorporeal Touch [TOUCH] [1d20+4 = 6]
[TURN] Bors
Bors: moves up and takes a swing at the creature
Tosoma Thanatous once again dodges the creature with elegant moves
Bors: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (MW, Single) [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 26]
Bors: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (MW, Single) [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+7 = 8]
Bors: [1d4 = 4]
Bors: [DAMAGE (M)] Shortsword (MW, Single) [1d6+5 = 7]
Bors stabs the creature in front of him, and it dissipates….
Tosoma Thanatous feels weaker than when he started
Simon Jericho: [SKILL] Perception [MOD:WIS] [1d20-1 = 9]
Tosoma Thanatous: Whatcha looking at Simon
Simon Jericho: interesting.
Tosoma Thanatous: thats not a something
GM: You see what appears to be a handle of as Dagger poking out of the coals
Simon Jericho: A dagger shoved in there. torture perhaps?
Tosoma Thanatous: hmmn
Tosoma Thanatous: maybe
Bors: I wonder how hot it is
Bors: the handle
Simon Jericho empties a waterskin over the dagger
Campaign saved.
GM: The flames shy away from that area for a moment
Tosoma (Tosoma Thanatous): and proceeds to burn his face off with the steam
GM: The dagger looks in tact
Tosoma Thanatous: look saorund the room for a switch or dial…
Bouger pokes around the corner where the creature was.
[w] → Tosoma Thanatous: you find a key on teh floor
Bouger I think we should consider rejoining the others before we move along.
Simon Jericho flicks the dagger out of the brazier with his spear.
[w] Tosoma Thanatous: grab th ekey
Bouger: Bouger I think we should consider rejoining the others before we move along.
Tosoma Thanatous: Hey guys I found a key
Simon Jericho: awesome.
GM: The dagger flies out of teh brazer and clangs upon the floor, steaming
Tosoma (Tosoma Thanatous): lets throw it intot he fire….
Tosoma Thanatous: weird…
Tosoma Thanatous: I’m heading back to at least try out the key on some of these doors
Simon Jericho picks up the dagger with his cloak to act as an oven mit.
Simon Jericho: yeah lets get back
[w] → Simon Jericho: teh dagger appears to be cooling rapidly
Bouger follows the others, “I’m about tapped out on magic for the day anyhow.”
Tosoma Thanatous trys key
tim (Simon Jericho): humpback or wright whale?
GM: The door unlocks
Tosoma Thanatous in door
Tosoma Thanatous: yeah
Tosoma Thanatous carefully opens door
GM: The door stops abruptly, something appears to be in teh way
Tosoma Thanatous: Hmmn
Tosoma Thanatous: somethngs bloacking this door
Campaign saved.
Simon Jericho tries to shoulder ram the door.
Simon Jericho: back up.
Simon Jericho: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+3 = 21]
GM: The mournful wailing grows louder with each step toward the door at the end of this musty hallway. There are a host of bones strewn on the floor here, many of which are cracked and broken.
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 12]
GM: [GM] [1d8 = 4]
Tosoma Thanatous: hmmn
Tosoma Thanatous: so nothing in there?
Rodere: No! Stay away! You won’t get me!
Tosoma Thanatous: Hey, were here to save you!
Simon Jericho: We are friendly!
GM: You can hear him ratchet the crossbow string back
Tosoma Thanatous: Please, at least listen to us
Simon Jericho: Stop!
GM: Thwang!
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 10]
GM: It just missed you
Tosoma Thanatous: We are from Kassen!
Rodere: Nooo! I won’t be fooled again!
Simon Jericho em slides the dagger in through the door. on the floor and steps back
Tosoma Thanatous: How can we prove it to you?
Bouger: No one ever greets you with biscuits and tea anymore.
GM: You hear him ratchet the crossbow string back
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 19]
GM: [GM] [1d8 = 8]
GM: Tosoma you are struck by a crossbow bolt
GM: You take 7 damage
Tosoma Thanatous: Please let us prove that we are owwwww!
Campaign saved.
GM: You hear the Crossbow string being ratcheted back
Tosoma Thanatous hides behind to wall now
Tosoma Thanatous: the
Simon Jericho: The thing is dead, that dagger is proof.
GM: He moans
Rodere: No! I wont die here, I wont!
Tosoma Thanatous: Are you hurt, can we help?
Rodere: [GM] [1d20 = 9]
GM: A crossbow bolt just misses Bouger
Simon Jericho: you arent going to die.
GM: You here the crossbow string get ratched back
Simon Jericho: Stop shooting you idiot!
Tosoma Thanatous whipering to Simon… “unless he keeps shooting us”
Simon Jericho: bouger cover yourself.
Tosoma Thanatous: Won’t you run out of bolts? We will tlak with you
GM: Twang!
GM: [GM] [1d20 = 18]
GM: [GM] [1d8 = 5]
GM: Bouger is hit by a crossbow bolt
GM: Take 5 damage
Bors takes a step back and right
Bouger steps back and holds up his shield, "Good, Gods, we’re friendly!
GM: Seeing no more targets you hear him shift and once again, he begins to wail as before
Tosoma Thanatous: Please for your sake let us help you!
Simon Jericho: What is worng with you man?
Tosoma Thanatous: Who attacked you?
Rodere: No! I wont listen! You tricked me before, killed everyone but not me, NOT MEE!!!!
Campaign saved.
Rodere: You hear the crossbow string ratchet back
GM: You hear the crossbow string ratchet back
Bors: Hmm.
Gwydiss Barknuckle: Aren’t you guys geting tired? I’m just not used to this kind of repetitive motion.
Simon Jericho whispers to bouger I will go in and down or distract him, got any heals left?
Tosoma Thanatous: If you won’t listen, we will have to abandon you here
Bouger: Sure….but I’m not sure I can take another hit. That last one kind of stung.
GM: He begins to wail
Heron: Well, it seems necessary until we know how to open door from other side. Not sure that has been investigated.
Bors: Maybe he will cry himself to sleep.
Tosoma Thanatous: or pass out
Simon Jericho: lets just leave him there.
Tosoma Thanatous: If could take another shot, I would try and subdue him
Simon Jericho: that would not earn us any trust.
Tosoma Thanatous: yeah but when he wake sup he can cry about it
Bouger: [1d6 = 4]
Bouger pauses for a bit to pray, releasing a small bubble of energy from him.
Tosoma Thanatous: Hey, did that make you feel any bett erman
Tosoma Thanatous: ?
Rodere: His wailing stopped
GM: His wailing stopped
GM: Then, after a moment, started up again

Adventure Log 3

The Hero's of Kassen BishopOmega